Design & Build Services
If you’re considering a home remodel, you probably have a lot of questions on your mind. A good design and build firm can walk you through a remodeling process that will meet your specific needs. Valley Home Builders values the opportunity to work closely with our local clients from consultation to completion. Our award-winning full service design and build firm can help Cupertino homeowners with the following:
- General information about design and build services
- Major renovations
- Whole house remodels
- Architectural design and build expertise
Building & Remodeling in Cupertino
Situated between the stunning foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains to the west and San Jose to the east, Cupertino is in the heart of Silicon Valley. Like most nearby cities, Cupertino began as a rural, agricultural area in the 1800s, first producing grapes, and then later, growing prunes, stone fruit, and nuts. The post-war years brought with them a growth spurt, but it wasn’t until 1955 that Cupertino was finally incorporated as Santa Clara County’s 13th city. With the creation of VALLCO Business & Industrial Park and DeAnza College in the ‘60s, and Apple’s arrival shortly thereafter in the ‘70s, Cupertino transformed from a ranch town into a hotbed of growth and a major technology hub.
Today, Cupertino is thriving with a population of 60,572, as estimated by US Census for 2015—that’s up 3.4% from 2010—and the completion of Apple’s Campus 2 headquarters promises continued growth. Cupertino’s residents are highly educated, a fact reflected in its median household income, which surpasses $134,000. Considering those numbers, it’s perhaps no surprise that, according to Coldwell Banker’s 2015 Home Listing Report, Cupertino is actually the 4th most expensive city in the country to buy a home with a median sales price of more than $1.6M.
Cupertino’s combination of old and new is reflected in its single-family homes. Neighborhoods have both original ranch-style properties and rebuilt contemporary residences. Many older homes have undergone complete remodels, a process requiring the navigation of Cupertino’s relatively straightforward permitting requirements and codes, which follow California Building Code standards. A few tips:
- To determine permitting expenses, homeowners can work with Valley Home Builder to get an estimate for all building costs to submit to the city using its fee estimator form.
- Fees and requirements will change based on the scope of the project. For instance, a “Rebuild,” as defined by the city, will have different requirements than a “Remodel.” See the city’s Existing and New Construction Comparison Matrix for more details.
- For smaller undertakings, the city’s website clearly outlines which projects do not require a permit. This includes the installation of cabinets and/or replacement of countertops in kitchens or bathrooms, as long as the alteration of existing walls or any electrical, plumbing, and/or mechanical work is not required.
Award-Winning Valley Home Builders
We don’t just complete a job well at Valley Home Builders. We aim for producing the very best product to meet our clients’ needs while surpassing their expectations. Our devotion to quality has earned Valley Home Builders consistent accolades. We have received recognition for our custom design and remodeling projects from the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI), and we were rewarded with an Angie’s List award for excellent service in 2013. Valley Home Builder has also been included in Remodeling Magazine’s list of Top 50 Building Contractors. We continue to strive for the highest caliber of design and building work, and value our clients’ feedback above all else.
Cupertino Remodeling Experts
Working with Valley Home Builders means you won’t have to dive into building regulations and requirements alone. From applications to inspections, our knowledgeable and detailed-oriented team will help you through every step of the process to ensure each one of Cupertino’s building and construction codes is met as required. See the photos below for a sample of the work we’ve completed in Cupertino: