At Valley Home Builders our design/build process ensures the smooth progression of your project from one phase to the next and virtually eliminates unanticipated costs and delays. Poor communication and coordination resulting in missed deadlines and unforeseen expenses are not uncommon with the old school method of managing separate designers, contractors, and vendors. When you choose Valley Home Builders our seasoned professionals will take your project from conception to completion.
1. Free Consultation: At our first meeting we’ll do a walk-through of the spaces you want to remodel and discuss your ideas, lifestyle, budget, and timeline to determine the scope of work. At this point we’ll be able to tell you what the approximate cost and duration will be based on projects we’ve done that are similar to yours.
2. Design: Your budget, timeline, ideas, and lifestyle are always foremost during design development. After you approve the Preliminary Design Agreement we’ll:
- Develop the Preliminary Design, an initial floorplan that visually represents your project*
- Create elevation views as well as roof and electrical/lighting plans
- Provide Initial Estimate
There should be no “sticker shock” with our Initial Estimate because we took your budget seriously from the start. Costs are clearly defined in our room-by-room breakdown that itemizes components, quantities and prices for your project including foundation, framing, roofing, and more.
* If you already have design plans we’ll work with you and your designer/architect to provide an Initial Estimate.
3. Build: After you approve the Construction Contract we’ll:
- Create construction drawings and structural plans
- Finalize the budget and timeline
- Obtain permits
Some of the many things we do to ensure that your project runs smoothly:
- Homeowner’s Web Account: A private online portal with immediate access to your project timeline, plans, documents, product choices, warranties, photos, and more. And, you have your own e-mailbox for quick and easy communication.
- Pre-construction: Our design professionals will work with you to select products, make color choices, and guide you through the decisions that will transform your house into the home of your dreams. We’ll help you prepare for life during remodeling whether you’re living in the home or moving out for the duration.
- Construction: Once your project is underway we’ll maintain a clean and safe jobsite while keeping disruption and inconvenience to a minimum. We’ll meet regularly to discuss upcoming milestones, your concerns, and any ideas along the way.
- Finishing: At the end of the construction phase we’ll do a walk-through together and note anything that requires our attention. Once all items and concerns are addressed your home will be professionally cleaned and prepared for you to move in.