Our Design & Build Capabilities
We help Saratoga and San Francisco Bay Area homeowners with a variety of design, remodeling and building services, including:
- General information about design and build services
- Major renovations
- Whole House Remodels
- Architectural Design & Build expertise
Building & Renovating in Saratoga
Saratoga began it’s rich history dating back to the 1800s and has been known by several names including Campbell’s Gap, Tollgate, and McCartyville. First serving as the entrance to a major pass in the redwood-forested Santa Cruz Mountains, the area later boomed when a sawmill was built in 1847. Over the years Saratoga Village grew up with summer cottages built around fruit orchards . It was officially incorporated in 1956. Now home to 30,000 residents, the city is one of most desirable areas of Silicon Valley. According to Zillow, the median home price is approaching $2.4 million. Graced with picturesque neighborhoods, you can see all types of home styles in and around the village.
If you’re looking to build a custom home or remodel an existing one, then it’s important to know that Saratogans love their trees. Your building plans must pay particular attention to tree preservation and placement. There’s a good chance your home project will need an arborist’s consultation. It’s also important to note that Saratoga is friendly to residential building plans that include secondary dwellings — like in-law units and additions for multi-generational use — on the property.
As you begin working on your home remodeling or building project, here are some considerations specific to Saratoga:
- Your building project should have four sets of plans signed off by a designer/architect and structural engineer when necessary.
- Saratoga is particular with the minimum size of submitted plans and incomplete plans won’t be accepted.
- Set backs (placement of a structure from the property line) can vary greatly, mainly because Saratoga has a diverse landscape: a flat downtown area, large rural parcels, and mountain-perched homes.
Samples of our Saratoga Remodeling Projects
Working With An Award-Winning Builder
Valley Home Builders has experience in delivering award-winning excellence to Bay Area homeowners. Experienced with designing and building in Saratoga, we can help guide you through the entire process. We’ve been nationally recognized by NARI – the National Association of Remodeling Industry — for custom design and remodeling work. In 2013, we received the top award from Angie’s List. When you work with Valley Home Builders, you work with the best in the San Francisco Bay Area.