An accessory dwelling unit (ADU) is a living space added to a primary residence. These units range from small attached living space additions to fully independent homes. If you want to build an expansion of your property, your plans must receive approval from your local zoning board. Fortunately, pre-approved ADU plans will help you instantly meet these building requirements and allow you to start your construction project faster.
At Valley Home Builders, we use in-house designers and architects to extend your livable area and turn South Bay or Santa Clara houses into dream homes. Whether you want a small addition or something more complex, our team can make it happen! Contact us today to learn more.
The Pre-Approval Process
Our straightforward process makes creating your ideal living space simple:
- Property inspection: One of our experts will visit your property to get a feel of the project and see how we can make your vision come to life.
- Plan review: Then, our designers will give you customizable ADU options and help you choose one best suited for your style and needs.
- Approval and construction: After you approve the precise cost estimate from our experts, we will begin refreshing your property and creating your new space.
Benefits of Pre-Approved ADU Plans
With the pre-approved plan, you can jump into the construction process while saving valuable time and funds. Use your new unit to:
- Enjoy extra privacy.
- Create more open spaces for hosting, work or recreation.
- Increase safety for aging parents or those with disabilities.
- Make a separate livable location for guests and family.
- Level up your hosting capabilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions include:
- How much does a pre-approved ADU cost? Accessory dwelling unit costs vary depending on the unit’s size, design and location. At Valley Home Builders, we design each ADU in the most cost-effective and efficient manner so that you can have an addition fitting your budget and lifestyle.
- Can you make changes to your plan? Many times, yes! You can often alter many non-structural plan features.
- What is the timeline for building a pre-approved ADU? The length of time varies based on the project and local regulations. However, pre-approved accessory dwelling units typically have a shorter timeline since they have already undergone approval and design.
- Can you rent out a pre-approved ADU? Yes, you can rent out your pre-approved ADU to tenants so long as you do not violate any city or state regulations regarding subleasing.
Reach the Experts at Valley Home Builders Today
Request a free consultation today to look into pre-approved plans and get started on your new space.