What to Plan Before Meeting With an ADU Builder
Transforming your property offers an alternative to moving — especially when you are seeking an easier and more convenient solution. By adding onto or improving your existing space, you maximize your home’s potential. Preparing to build an accessory dwelling unit (ADU) is a simple process when you follow these organized steps prior to meeting with your builder.
ADU Planning Checklist
As part of your research process, you will want to gather information about these factors:
- Design considerations: Decide how a bigger, more functional living space would best suit your family’s needs and enhance your life.
- Building type and costs: Choose whether a conversion, attached or detached ADU best aligns with the size of your property and your budget.
- Zoning regulations and building codes: Look up your local rules to see what design dreams and inspirations you can accommodate.
How to Pick Your ADU Contractor
To move forward with the design process, you will want to find the perfect ADU contractor near you based on:
- Reputation: Browse the company’s website to see the areas they service and if they have any notable membership affiliations or awards.
- Portfolio: Check the site for photo galleries to see if you like the style of their ADU builds and read reviews to see what clients say about their services.
- Benefits: Look for special offers like free consultations and ensure the company offers excellent customer service.
Start Planning With the Bay Area’s Best ADU Company
Once you decide to invest in an ADU, trust Valley Home Builders for exemplary services. Our experience since 2005 includes awards and recognition as one of Home Builder Digest’s top 10 best ADU Builders in San Jose. With a five-star rating on Home Services Review, we offer the highest quality of service to homeowners wanting to transform their property in the Bay Area. Our team of in-house experts, including designers, architects and project managers, will bring your ADU dreams to life!
To start planning your ADU designs, request a free consultation with us today!