Valley Home Builders is dedicated to making accessory dwelling units (ADUs) accessible to you so that you can transform your property with more space to accomplish your goals. Whether you want to build your dream office, create a new bedroom, make a cozy guest room, house elderly parents to save on nursing home costs, create a place for adult kids to live or produce passive income, you can conveniently make your design inspiration a reality.
Enjoy the pre-approved ADU plans available at Valley Home Builders. Our standardized construction plans are pre-approved by the city and help you get the desired results sooner.
What Are Permit-Ready ADU Plans?
Choosing a permit-ready ADU plan offers an excellent solution when you want to develop your ideas on a quick timeline. When you select this option, you can first meet with Valley Home Builders to explore available designs.
Once you decide to proceed with a pre-approved design you love, we will submit your property’s location with a site-specific plan and related documents to the city for approval. With accurate and complete paperwork, you may receive an issued building permit within a week.
To qualify, a project must meet the following criteria:
- Property types: The property must be an existing single-family home or duplex in a residentially zoned lot.
- Zone types: The lot must adhere to the designations determined in the universal ADU checklist of not being located in a flood zone, geohazard zone, landslide zone or Wildland-Urban Interface (WUI) area.
- Codes: The project must not require a fire variance.
Valley Home Builders can handle all your project details for an easy experience when qualifying your property for a pre-approved ADU.
Benefits of Choosing Pre-Approved ADUs
An accessory dwelling unit can enhance your life in many ways, whether you want an art studio, gym, guest suite, place for your in-laws to live, residency for aging parents, space for adult kids to live or rental space for passive income. Selecting a pre-approved plan offers a simple and smooth process with the following benefits:
- Customization: The pre-approved plans include a general floor plan, which our interior designers can customize with aesthetically pleasing finishes and designs suiting your desired style. These personalization capabilities are a major bonus for pre-approved ADUs compared to modular or prefab options.
- Peace of mind: The experienced and knowledgeable team at Valley Home Builders can answer your questions, guide you through the process and submit your paperwork.
- Fast timeline: The city offers same-week permit issuance for qualified paperwork, so you can feel excited moving forward to the next step as soon as possible.
Explore the Pre-Approved Designs Available
At Valley Home Builders, we proudly present beautiful, pre-approved designs that offer versatile uses for your needs. You can meet with our professionals to explore options and learn how to start.
One of our plans includes a detached accessory dwelling unit measuring 650.8 square feet. Our team can discuss how you can use the layout and details to suit your wants and needs, whether you would like to use the additional living space for day-to-day activities and hobbies or other purposes.
Contact Valley Home Builders to Get Started
At Valley Home Builders, we are happy to offer a straightforward process for property owners wanting an ADU. We look forward to expanding our selection of permit-ready plans in the future. To see what we have available now or discuss other options, schedule a free consultation today!
View Our Different Platforms: